Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beiter Sexuality Preference Indicator

I've been researching the state of the world around relationships and sexuality, my commitment being that all people are free to choose and free to live the style of intimate relationship that inspires them. I'll make a full report once I have enough data to look at trending over the last several years.

What I have come to discover is that there's very little research available on alternative and sex-positive communities such as swingers, fetishists, sacred sexuality practitioners, polyamorists, kinksters, etc. This is not too much of a surprise - I edited the newsletter for CARAS, the Community-Academic consortium for Research of Alternative Sexualities. I know there's a dearth of data.

At the same time, I've recently come across a coaching tool that I think could lend itself nicely to gathering fairly deep data on the state of mind and preparedness for action around sexuality in relationships. Add some demographic stratifiers and I've got something worth while. I'll keep you informed.

In the meantime, a friend has put me onto the Beiter Sexuality Preference Indicator. This online, 90-question test was developed to help individuals to better understand their own sexual preferences. Copying directly from the site, "The categories include:

Partner Orientation – defined as the ways in which a person likes to initiate or be initiated into sexual activity;

Arousal – defined as the ways in how one gets “in the mood” for sexual activity;

Pleasure – defined as the ways in which an individual experiences sexual energy in their intimate relationships; and

Routine – as defined as the ways in which you like to experience your sexual encounters."

It is also a world-wide data-gathering project that I absolutely want to support. Fun and intriguing as it should be, please take some time to complete the confidential test.

More soon,
Makael


M. Makael Newby, 2010 - All Rights Reserved - http://mmakaelnewby.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Must be a cultural thing, because I don't fully understand that, but it sounds like it could be entertaining... :)

    ReplyDelete